We’re delighted to report that things are looking good for Lion Walk! Despite the ever-changing, and at times particularly challenging retail landscape, we have been able to report an upturn in footfall, reflecting the enormous support given by both the townspeople and tourists in the region.
Defying some of the gloom surrounding many of the nation’s high streets, last week our Centre Manager, Peter Scopes reported an increase in visitors from 3.4 million to 3.6 million during the final quarter of 2017.
A particularly encouraging result was that Lion Walk had operated at an eight percent increase over the previous year’s figures despite the year on year national average for all UK shopping centres reflecting negative growth of -2.45 percent.
“This is immensely positive news for Lion Walk Shopping Centre,” said Mr Scopes. “At a time when the retail offering of many towns are struggling, we are going from strength to strength, thanks to a combination of exciting and determined retailers, and a hugely supportive community of shopping in Colchester, and of course, further afield.
“Highlights include a vibrant independent scene in Red Lion Yard, and the transformation of the old, empty unit previously occupied by BHS, to the massively successful and much sought after opening of Primark. “Colchester can be proud of its retail offering,” he added.
Win delicious tea and scrumptious cake for two at Deja Brew.
Visit our Facebook page here to enter.
Terms and Conditions
- One entry per person
- All entries to be submitted via Facebook
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are illegible, delayed or damaged electronically or online during the promotion.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified.
- Winner details will be announced on Lion Walk Shopping Centre Facebook page.
- Entries from people using multiple email addresses will be disqualified.
- The winning entries will be drawn shortly after the closing time/ date.
- Prizes are as stated, are not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Entries to all free prize draws must be received as stated by the closing date specified.
- If you are a winner, you must claim your prize within one week of being notified. We will contact you twice using the details you have supplied to us and if you have not responded within one week of our first contact, the prize will be forfeited and another winner chosen.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Lion Walk Shopping Centre does not take responsibility for any prizes damaged in transit or collection.
- The winner must claim their tea and cake for two by Saturday 26 May 2018.